Thursday, May 26, 2011

Tinkerbell Pinata



It's Emily's 4th birthday next week! She requested Mommy to make a Tinkerbell Pinata. So, I searched the web for something I could re-create.

Pinatas can be really pricey, but if you can make your own, then they can be really cheap. The total cost for this one was 2 dollars. A dollar for tissue paper and a dollar for the streamers. I already had party hats (used to make the cones) and I already had balloons.

The fun we had making it was priceless. The girls got a kick out of tearing up the newspaper and dipping it into the flour and water mixture - and I took it from there!

I will post better pictures on the day it gets destroyed!

:)

4 comments:

BeadedTail said...

It turned out wonderful! What a fun thing to do for your girls!

Anonymous said...

It turned out cute! Hopefully this is a good compromise from the arms and legs thing!!!

Anonymous said...

It turned out cute! Hopefully this is a good compromise from the arms and legs thing!!!

Unknown said...

Dear Kristin,
My birthday is in June, and I would like a Donnie Wahlberg pinata please. No need to fill it with anything as I would NEVER smash his face.
Love,
Abby
;)