Monday, August 15, 2011

I hate Bed Rest!

I hate Bed Rest!

Guest written by our friend Katie Callahan

Being on bed rest is not the easiest thing in the world and it’s even tougher when it’s because you’ve got two broken legs. That puts a whole new meaning to it! I couldn’t do anything for myself and I sure couldn’t get up even to pace around the room so the healing I went through over those six months was really tough. I spent a lot of time thinking but when that made me feel like I was in jail I started reading a good bit. When I got sick of that I started watching movies on my www.TVbyDIRECT.com satellite and thankfully that tided me over until it was time for me to get back out and about in the real world. I was really athletic before (did I mention that I broke my legs in a skiing accident?) and though I’ll never be the same when it comes to moving my body I can’t wait to get back out there and start moving around again. I gained about 20 pounds just lying in that bed!

No comments: