Sunday, December 18, 2011

Savings Game

Savings Game

Post contributed by Hilton Miranda

We’ve turned saving at our house into a game, if you can believe it. The kids are supposed to bring home their spare change at the end of the day and I’ve been looking at all our utilities to try and find some ways to shave off costs. My daughter helped me crown a texas electricity champion last week after week looked at rates and even my son suggested he get a paper route to try and save more money. I don’t want the kids to think about money too much and they’re both so young to have jobs, I’m not sure if it’s what I want for them. But I do think it’s really good they’re learning these lessons at such a young age and that they’ll never wonder what it takes to save a dollar. That’s the position I was in after college and I think that’s why I’m still working to pay off student loans at 30 years old. Not exactly ideal in financial terms!

No comments: