Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Busy Etsy and Taxes

Hello Everyone!
I have been having a very busy couple of weeks. You all know of our upcoming move back to North Carolina... and I want to thank you all for your sweet words of encouragement and support. It really means a lot.
I have been so busy with my Etsy Shop stuff that I have had a hard time to focus on much else, and my poor blog has been badly neglected. I will go into more detail in a later post about my shop plans and what has been taking so much of my time, exciting stuff!

In other news, it is about that time - tax time! We will wait another few weeks before we file, to make sure there isn't anything left in the mail that hasn't made its way to us yet. This will be the first year that I will be claiming my Etsy Shop. I don't think it will be too complicated as my expenses and my profit was relatively low, but I still am in need of some tax advice. Luckily I have been a very good record keeper throughout the year; you may know already that I am a nerd in that way. I actually enjoy lists and files and organization in general. And taxes are the necessary part of life that you know comes around every year, without fail, so you might as well get prepared for it!

And Tomorrow is February! Wow, already? Make it great!

3 comments:

BeadedTail said...

Can't wait to hear what exciting stuff has been doing on! And of course taxes are so exciting too! :) Ours always gets done at the last minute since I'm so busy doing the other 300+ returns for everyone else that I don't want to work on my own during my off time. I don't like tallying up my inventory either to calculate Cost of Goods Sold. Ugh!

Yay for February!

Liz Mays said...

I'm sadly watching my 1099's roll in daily. :(

Duni said...

Looking forward to hearing your exciting news :)
take care,
Duni