Saturday, January 21, 2012

Home Decorating

Home Decorating

I appreciate the guest post, Lindsay Valdez

I have a sickness. I am a compulsive mind-changer. This trait is never more evident than in my home décor. I am a real joy to be married to, what with my “Honey, can you please move the couch again?” and “Oh, you know what, I know you just hung that picture for the fourth time but I think I prefer it in the other room” business. My husband is a saint. I have a terminal case of indecisiveness as it relates to my home’s style. In my defense, it’s really not all my fault. Have you seen some of the home makeover shows on TV? I feel like every time I turn on the TV a designer is making some seemingly insignificant change to a room that I am somehow convinced will be exactly what my house is missing! This is a trap. It is never the insignificant change that really makes or breaks a room. It is the $500 the decorator spent on accessories to style the “insignificant change” that makes all the difference. In my head, I know this, and yet in my heart I remain convinced that if I just move that armchair over about fourteen inches we’ll have a whole different room. Listen, honey, I’m sorry. You probably shouldn’t have bought the package on direct tv that included HGTV. This is kind of your fault, too.

No comments: