Saturday, September 18, 2010

13 years ago and... a Pinata!!!


As I may have mentioned, my husband and I are celebrating 10 years married this month. That day passed on Thursday.. And I wanted to post a few pictures for my husband.. a few remember these? pictures.. They were taken 13 years ago when we were just dating.. just a couple of knuckle-headed little kids who didn't know where this relationship was taking us. Seriously, don't I look like a Baby?!! The first one was taken in front of Bobby's apartment, and the last 2 were taken by Bobby, when - for about a week - he would wait for me at my car and when I would get out of class, he would snap my picture. ha ha.. that is a funny memory. Anyway, I miss you, hon... (he is in North Carolina for work)

And now to that Pinata that I am working on for Allie's birthday next weekend. The first layer of Paper Mache on the balloons:

I did the second layer with colored tissue paper and Allison had fun popping the balloons. I should of taken a picture of that..but I am only one person, and I had to hold the balloon... so.. that probably wouldn't have worked.. ANYWAY...

Allison thought, this would make a perfect hat!

And Emily agreed:

Then, I cut 3 of the balloons in half.. to form a flower.

I have to complete the pink center, to make it round.. this is where the candy will go.. and I have to strengthen up the petals and attached them to the center.

I have a way to go.. But, I think it will turn out great!

6 comments:

jenn said...

That looks awesome! I love the flower idea. Can't wait to see the finished product. (I say that to you a lot, don't I)

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! Love the (baby) photos of you:) And your sweet children...I'm sure the pinata will be a hit!

BeadedTail said...

Oh my, you look so young in those photos - especially the first one! What fun memories!

The pinata is looking really good! You are so clever! Your girls are adorable in their pinata hats!

Duni said...

Hi Kristin!

hope you and hubby had a wonderful anniversary! You look so cute in that first pic :)
Your two girls look very cute in their 'balloon hats' LOL.
The flower pinata is a fabulous idea. I want one for my next birthday :)

Liz said...

Haha, cute photos! Belated Happy Anniversary to your and your husband.

Alicia said...

I have a few seriously baby pictures of you stashed away at my house. I just saw them earlier today looking for old STAGE photos. I came across some Godspell ones. I'll have to scan and send them to ya!