Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Creative Itch

I have not been scratching my creative itch for some time now. It was a busy summer, but with 2 mornings freed up with my girls in school, I am so excited to tackle some projects! I saved this file cabinet from the dump, by dragging it from my neighbors trash can to my back patio. I thought.. hey.. I could totally give that a makeover!

I am going to sand it, paint it.. and see what I can make of it. Wish me luck!

I am also going to head to the dollar store after I drop the girls off in the morning, pick up some supplies I need to make the pinata for Allison's birthday. Not sure If I want to do an animal, a princess.. maybe a castle? or maybe just some abstract piece? The kids won't care- they will beat it to a pulp anyway.. with me crying with every hit, lol!

A while back, I transformed a 15 dollar coffee table find, by glueing painted glass all over it.. I need to buy grout, so it will be a mosaic outside table.. Stay tuned, I will be posting pics of each completed project!

I am so ready to scratch this itch! Yay!

6 comments:

jenn said...

OOhhhhh...that table sounds like it's beautiful! can't wait to see the final piece.

BeadedTail said...

You are so crafty! Can't wait to see what you do with the file cabinet! And how do you make a pinata?

Duni said...

Really? Someone threw away that?! Can't wait to see what you make of it. And do post pics of your mosaic table!!!

Tammy said...

I'm sure your projects will turn out great you have a great eye for this kind of thing. I'm looking forward to seeing them.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! Redoing furniture like that is one thing I've always wanted to do, but just haven't been brave enough. Good luck on it, can't wait to see the photos!

P and J Crafts said...

Can't wait to see your finished pieces! You always do amazing work!