Friday, September 3, 2010

These 2 Little Girls....some honest words from a loving Mom.

I was having an unfortunate hair day yesterday, so a hat was in order. And the girls wanted to follow suit. Emily, on the right, wore one of mine, and Allie wore one of Daddy's. Who knew, the simple act of wearing a hat, would get them so excited. It is the little things, I tell you, that could bring a smile.



In other news, I had a bit of a rough night last night. We had Meet the Teacher and it went great. Allie went to that school last year, except this year she will be in the Pre-K program, and Emily will be starting preschool, her first year attending. Allie and Emily will only be one grade apart, and I am excited that they will be so close to each other in school.

But, the rough night started when I got home.. and during the night... with the thoughts keeping me awake. My youngest baby starting school. My oldest growing more independent. And I am so thrilled, proud, and awed by them every day.

And the time slips by us so fast. And I worry about Tuesday, when I drop them both off. When I walk away from them, down the hall, out of the door, down the steps, and to my car. And they are not in the backseat. And I don't know what they are doing, are they okay, and do they need me.

And they will be fine. And they will learn lots of new things. And they will grow strong, and confident. And they always know I am near. And I love them.

And no matter how big they get, they will always be my babies.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What lucky kids to have such a proud mom as you!

BeadedTail said...

What a cute picture of them in their hats!

I can't imagine what it's like to send your kids off to the first day of school. But I can imagine their excitement to see you at the end of the day and tell you all about what they did and learned! It's got to be bittersweet for you and I hear that it doesn't get any easier when they head off to college so just enjoy every single moment you can!

jenn said...

One of my babies entered HIGH SCHOOL this year...so yeah, I know what you're saying.

Storm, The Psychotic Housewife said...

It's amazing how fast time is flying, isn't it? :(

Duni said...

Oh, don't they look darling in their hats?!

Your girls are so very lucky to have you as a mom - and I'm sure they'll do great!!! I think letting go must be the hardest part for a mom...

((hugs))

Unknown said...

What a couple of cutie pies! They're fortunate to be the type of girls who can pull off the hat look. Me--not so much. LOL

I hope their first day went smoothly, and that this new path becomes bright and shiny for you as well. Just savor those hat moments and soak them in!

Big hugs Momma!,
Abby