Monday, September 27, 2010

Thinking about some new crafts.

With the Drama of the first few weeks of school behind me, I can really start to focus on things I want to do while the kids are in school. I only have 8 hours of time each week..Emily only goes Tuesday and Thursday for 4 hours a day, so I have to make it count. I have been thinking about new crafts for me to try, one of them being what they call Punch Needle and I found where I can buy some Punch Needle Supplies. I really would like to give handmade gifts for Christmas. I have a few people in mind that I think would appreciate some art like this. But, I would have to do some practicing before I would feel confident in giving it as a gift.

I also found some Quilting Patterns, but let's be real.. I don't think I can just hop into making a quilt when I have never even picked up a quilting needle.. do they even use needles for quilting? See.. I am hopeless.. Of course they do, right? But, hey, you got to start somewhere, am I right? Even if it is way, waaay at the bottom. It will just be a long way up.

2 comments:

BeadedTail said...

Punch Needle sounds interesting and fun! I would love to be able to quilt but since I can't even sew, I don't think that'll ever happen. Whatever you decide to try during your craft time, hope you share it with us!

Anonymous said...

Hey, why not? Sounds interesting, and there are plenty of books out there. Whenever I want to make something I just jump right in too! (that's why there's weird bread dough rising upstairs right now...). Haha, you'll be happy you did. Good luck!