Thursday, January 6, 2011

Help with Pictures

My Favorite Vase



To say I have been struggling with my pictures on Etsy is an understatement. I have been experimenting with different backdrops. My gut is telling me to keep it with an all white background. Some people are able to take pictures and it seems like their items are floating in air.. just hanging in space of vast nothingness. With mine, well, can't you tell that is a white sheet? And all of the ironing in the world can not take out all of the creases, I have tried.

I am not so skilled with photo-shop, where I can easily fix my images. I honestly think this is going to be the best it will get for the time being. I have to have something that I can easily take down and put away, and a sheet seems to be the best thing for that purpose.

In other news, our house will be listed in the MLS in a few hours.. our house will officially be on the market! Praying that it sells. Will keep you updated!

5 comments:

Liz Mays said...

Sell, sell, sell!!!!

A lot of people use lightboxes for their etsy and ebay goodies.

BeadedTail said...

I think the background looks good. I couldn't tell it was a sheet but I was just looking at that great vase!

Good luck with selling your house! Hope it goes fast so you don't have to keep wiping up water drops in the sinks.

Duni said...

Hi Kristin,

thanks for your sweet comment on my blog :)
Those pictures you see where the item 'floats' in air - well they are done with a professional light box plus editing in photoshop!
I too have a problem with backgrounds and lighting. I prefer a white wall - you might want to try a white plastic sheet? I agree that your painted vases look best with a white background, they're really eye-catching!

Anonymous said...

Kristin, I was thinking that photo actually looks really good! I know what you mean, it's so hard to take pictures of larger items- finding the background is a challenge. Have you thought about getting a big pice of poster board and bending it the way you have your sheet/ the way a light box goes? I think the natural lighting works very well here, it's so hard to get the sun to cooperate!

Tammy said...

I think it looks great. The white shows off the vase perfect.