Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Wearing Scrubs to Work.

I may have mentioned previously that my husband used to wear scrubs to work. He worked in several hospitals as an x-ray tech assistant. This was while we were dating and in the early years of our marriage. I can close my eyes and still see him wearing those cheap scrubs for men. I was always jealous of him because he looked so comfortable.

I remember when we went shopping for our work clothes. He would need to find cheap hospital scrubs and my wardrobe was always a bit more expensive. Although not much more expensive. I am as frugal as they come. Still, I would have greatly appreciated having to buy scrubs for work. Shopping is pretty low on my priority list. Not only do we not have much expendable income, but the general act of shopping makes me tired. I would rather be at home. Although, don't get me wrong. Sometimes I like it.

So, what other occupations require wearing scrubs? Do all hospital staff wear scrubs? Clearly, I am not going to be a doctor. I can't be a nurse because I don't do needles. There are all kinds of hospital workers on staff as assistants, like what my hubby was... What about outside of the hospital scene? Staff at the Dentist office - they wear scrubs! I can always wear some dental assistant uniforms. Then again, that would mean I would have to be around teeth all day. Not sure if I would like that either.

Back to the drawing board.




No comments: