Thursday, September 22, 2011

5 Fall Goals.

Alright, my dear sweet Abby friend.. Here goes..

You see, Abby tagged me. Good Old Fashioned Tag- You're It! bloggy style -
so, now, she made me turn inward and think about some fall goals that I need to be setting for myself. so.. what are they?

1.) Remember to set the coffee pot every night. This is a real treat for Bobby. You see, I am not a huge coffee drinker. But, he is. And he sure does love to wake up to a freshly brewed pot of coffee. I have one cup and I am done. I still like it. But, all I need is one. And he appreciates it more because he is always the first one up. So, I would like to do this for him.

2.) Try to look kinda pretty at least once a week. Usually I am in sweats with my hair pulled back and hardly a hint of make-up. I must look atrocious. I would like my kids to remember about their mother when they were growing up... just how beautiful and put together I was... ha ha ha.. ha ha ha... ha ... oh.. ok, that had me laughing.. ha ha.. ... ok.. well, realistically that will not happen. once a month. look kinda pretty once a month. :)

3.) Make something with pumpkin in it. Is that weird? that I have never made anything with pumpkin in it? Pumkin Pie.. pumpkin bars? is that something..pumpkin bars? Pumpkin muffins.. ? I don't think I like pumpkin. Yes, I said, "think"... how can I expect my kids to try something new.. when I don't. I was recently given a yummy sounding recipe - WITH pumpkin in it - and I really will try it!

4.) Get outside and walk more. When we do this, I think.. we need to do this more! And, we don't. We are outside a lot.. But I am talking about, walking in the neighborhood, exploring our surroundings.. we need to get out and walk more.

5.) Stick with my schedule! I love writing them - love the notebooks that I have for list keeping. And when I stick to them.. I feel accomplished at the end of the day. I love crossing out what has been done! It feels rewarding. SO, why don't I do it?

Well, I will. Starting this fall. (which officially starts TOMORROW!) yay!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY! Thanks for playing. :0)

PS: You can come live with me and set my coffee pot every night. Cuz that would be sweet!

Duni said...

LOL.
What a fun tag! I totally agree with your fifth goal :)
Your second goal is something I aspire to as well, but when I'm in the midst of sewing I really don't care how I look, as long as I feel comfortable :)

have a great day!
Duni

Rose Clearfield said...

These are all great goals!

I've been making an effort to look good since I stopped teaching. I still get dressed and wear make up, even when I don't have specific plans to leave the house. It helps me feel more put together.

I can't believe you've never baked with pumpkin! I just made this recipe this month, which was awesome:
http://www.singforyoursupperblog.com/2011/09/07/pumpkin-pound-cake/
I also blogged about one of my favorite pumpkin recipes earlier this month:
http://www.randomcreativeart.com/2011/09/etsybloggers-carnival-fall-recipe.html

Anonymous said...

Wow...great goals! I love how totally realistic and measurable they are too. You will accomplish them. And that must feel great!