Friday, October 21, 2011

Carriage Oak Cottage

(Fluted Blue Vase)

My new shop name is Carriage Oak Cottage.
I have been thinking about this for a while. I really wanted to sound more shop-like. And I wanted a name that had meaning to me.

We currently live on a street with Carriage in its name.. And I love this house.. just renting, yes, but I love it.. and I love the street name. Oak because the street that I lived on while I was just dating Bobby, was called Oak Forrest.. and now, the subdivsion we live in, is called Heritage Oaks.

And cottage, because, it holds memories from when I was a child.
My Nana and Pops had a cottage on a beach in Connecticut. We spent many days and nights there. That cottage now, only exists in my memory. The cottage, along with all of the other cottages on that beach, have since been demolished. It is really a sad story, but you can read about it here, The beach was called, Pleasure Beach. I can cry when I think about it for too long.

No comments: