Friday, March 2, 2012

Art Adventure

The next time you see this lamp and these candles.. they will be made over by moi.

I got this idea when I put this lamp in my garage sale pile...hmm... what if I could stucco it, and paint it.. similar to my style of vases? It might turn out really neat.. I am also going to stucco up the sides of the candle and then burn the candle and see how well it holds up..

So, currently I am in the "testing phase" of some new home decor ideas. I really want to expand my shop to offer a wide variety of functional art. I am excited to try these new ideas.. I will keep you updated on how they turn out!

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

You must have an absolute blast trying new things like this!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see what you come up with!!!

Also, thanks for your sweet post on my recent blog. I miss you too!!! I know you guys are going through a big transition phase right now and I think of you often. Soon you'll be back home and all will be right as rain!

You can publish this comment or not, I just wanted to reach out and say "Hi Back!" :0)

Hugs,
Abby

Duni said...

You come up with the most amazing idea, Kristin!
That lamp is going to look awesome :)
have a fabulous weekend,
Duni

Rose Clearfield said...

Yay, I'm excited to see how the lamp turns out! The candles will be interesting, too.