Thursday, October 16, 2014

One of a kind.


I have been really trying hard to focus on creating more one of a kind pieces, and the above picture is an example. It can be found HERE.

They don't make good "practical" business sense, and they are probably the opposite of what I "should" be doing.

Because if they don't sell, well, I would have "wasted" money, in creating the piece, and the time in making it.

But, I feel that I have been in such a cycle of creating the "same old things" and the filling of orders, that it took me out of my creativity for a while.

And I love each piece I make, and when I get an order - - whether is is something I have made a dozen times, or something I have only made once -- I love making them. But, there is just something to be said for creating that which I have not made before - or will again.

So let this be a lesson for me. To not let me lose the creativity, that I sometimes have to search for to find.

No comments: